Now that you have taken stock of your life and pondered where you find yourself in present time, write down what you have discovered about the limitations that are framing your reality.
How many of those are because:
- You lost sight of what matters to you.
- You think it is too late to change anything.
- You wouldn’t know where to start.
- You worry about what your family and friends would think of you.
- You will be abandoned.
- You have no talent.
- You don’t have the money.
- You are too old, or too fat, or too ugly, or too insignificant.
- You would be selfish.
- You are worried about what it would take to change.
Or anything else that comes to mind. Do not censor your answers, this is an exercise of deep soul searching, a gift to yourself.
Fast forward 3 years into the future when you find yourself in a totally different place in your life, smiling, confident and fulfilled. Write a letter to your present self from this future self, letting her/him in on the changes that you implemented that resulted in this new place where you now reside.
- What did you shift in 2016 that started paving the way for a more inspired life?
- What qualities did you feed in yourself?
- How did you engage differently with your mind to allow it to be comfortable with new risk-taking?
- Where are you, physically? What does your home look like? What can you smell, hear, see?
- Who is with you?
- What are you doing?
- How do you walk, stand?
- What are you wearing?
- What can you taste?
Be specific and creative. Do not rush here, you want to get the answers from your soul, from a deep knowing, the wise inner you. Feel the answers, rather than think them.
Next, see the ‘You’ in 2016 merge with this future self in 3 years time. Feel your body changing, your posture, the way you breathe, and how you feel in yourself. I suggest that you do this every day to build a new field of expansion and possibilities within you mind/body. Welcome your Maverick!